Open Position: Director – Technical
The Director – Technical will work closely with all transaction execution teams to provide expertise and analysis regarding technological and engineering aspects of renewable energy projects. Reporting to the Senior Managing Director, the Director – Technical will work out of the Boston office and must be able to work independently and on teams on a variety of technical matters.
– Viewed as the subject matter expert within the company with respect to technical, engineering, and transmission related matters
– Perform technical and engineering diligence on renewable energy projects and provide related analysis, conclusions, and/or recommendations for internal deal teams and company clients
– Assist clients and deal teams with the management and coordination of third-party independent engineers
– Review and provide analysis of third party engineering and transmission reports
– Review project documentation including power purchase agreements, equipment supply requirements, construction agreements, etc. for technical risks and opportunities, supporting technical aspects of contract negotiation
– Support transaction teams with respect to energy modeling, commissioning, capacity testing, equipment selection, and equipment performance assumptions
– Responsible for clearly communicating technical concerns and issues to deal teams in a timely manner
– Provide both verbal and written analysis to deal teams regarding technical issues and potential resolutions
– Manage the technical aspects of multiple projects simultaneously – must be able to stay organized and manage time efficiently
– Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or related field
– At least 10+ years of experience involving renewable energy – salary commensurate with experience
– Experience with renewable energy technology, energy transmission analysis, and renewable energy financing transaction structures
– Excellent written and oral communication skills – must be able to clearly communicate with other technical specialists and non-technical professionals
– Working knowledge of solar and/or wind origination, development, engineering, procurement, construction, commissioning, finance, operations, maintenance, and asset management
– Experience with common independent engineers, lenders, and tax equity providers in the renewables industry
CCA’s office is located in the financial district of Boston, close to public transportation. This position is full-time with competitive salary and benefits. CCA is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against candidates on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, or veteran status.
If you’re interested in joining CCA Group as our Director – Technical, please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.